Visions and Values
At Twynyrodyn Community School we pride ourselves on holding an ethos, which underpin our pupils’ development through the curriculum and other activities. This ethos is sustained through a united effort to provide the very best for our pupils by striving to achieve a set of common aims.
At Twynyrodyn Community School we aim for our pupils to be:
Ambitious, capable learners
Enterprising, creative contributors
Ethical, informed citizens
Healthy, confident individuals.
Through consultation with stakeholders we have developed the following Vision Statement:
Curriculum Vision Statement
At Twynyrodyn Community School our vision is to develop ambitious, capable learners who are ready to learn throughout their lives. We aim to create a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment that promotes and nurtures the development of growing minds, where children are encouraged to reach for challenging personal goals that enable them to become empowered, independent and motivated decision makers.
At Twynyrodyn Community School our vision is to nurture ethically informed citizens who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the World. We aim for our children to be socially aware of Twynyrodyn, their local community and its place in Wales and the wider world. This will enable them to make informed, ethical and considerate choices as global citizens.
At Twynyrodyn Community School our vision is for our learners to be enterprising confident individuals who are ready to play a full part in life and work. We will encourage children to be risk takers and problem solvers, to try their best and achieve their full potential academically, personally, socially and emotionally.
At Twynyrodyn Community School our vision is to nurture healthy, confident individuals who are ready to lead fulfilling lives as values members of society. Our team will ensure the best possible education for children in its care, celebrating successes and nurturing efforts so that each member of the Twynyrodyn Community can develop as individuals and flourish as 21st Century Learners.
Alongside our vision, we hold a set of values that we aim to develop within our pupils and staff. Not only do we want to develop our pupils academically, but believe that our role as a school is to also promote our pupils well-being and self-esteem too.
At Twynyrodyn we aim :
- To provide a safe, vibrant, stimulating and welcoming learning environment for all members of the school community.
- To create a learning community of high expectations where standards of teaching and learning are constantly reviewed and raised to standards of excellence, so that all can succeed to the best of their ability.
- To make learning safe, vivid, real, enjoyable, challenging and fun.
- To promote and encourage a culture of accountability for good attendance and punctuality across the whole school community.
- To foster a learning community where children are at the heart of every decision we make and every child’s voice is valued.
- To give every child the opportunity to achieve their individual potential in order for them to become happy, confident and independent learners in every aspect of school life.
- To involve all stakeholders in all aspects of school life through open channels of communication
- Nurture a sense of self-respect, respect for others and treat every child as an individual.
- To promote good wellbeing, a culture of social inclusion and respect for diversity.