Year 4 (Mr O)
Croeso i Ddosbarth
Mr Olden welcomes you to Year 4's class page.
Class teacher: Mr S Olden
Please drop your child to their classroom between 8:50am and 9:10am.
If children arrive late, they will need to enter the school though the school office and they will be marked in as late.
Please collect your child from their classroom, at their allocated time slots, using the one way system.
- All communication between home and school will be via Seesaw if you need to speak to the class teacher or the school office for general enquiries.
- Please remind your child to practise good hygiene at all times, especially when entering and leaving the classroom and before and after break/lunch times.
- So that children can have access to water throughout the day please send in a water bottle filled with water only.
- During morning play the children are allowed a healthy snack which can either be a piece of fruit or raw vegetables.
- Please check your child's bag for letters or notes home!! Due to Covid-19 please also check the announcements on our class Seesaw to keep up to date.
- P.E. is on Friday. Please make sure you wear suitable clothing, including trainers, to school on this day as due to time constraints there will be no changing into kit.
- We will listen to your child read a minimum of twice per week. Please support us in improving your child's reading and understanding of the text by listening to your child read at least once a week at home, then discussing what has been read. (See the documents below for the types of questions to ask). Use Giglets as an online resource or use any other books you have at home.
Homework for Year 4 will be set with an announcement on the class Seesaw account and will consist of:
- Spelling - Use spelling shed to practise at home. This 1/2 term we are also focusing on working our way through the 100 HFW and the next 200 HFW (see links below for the word list).
- Maths - Home work will be set weekly on Mymaths covering work we are completing in class. Pupils can also use Times Tables Rockstars to practise their times tables and Prodigy to focus on developing other maths skills.
- Reading - Use Giglets to access reading resources at home. n Pupils can also log into Read Theory using their Google accounts to access comprehension questions.
- Topic - There will also be weekly homework based around the topic we are studying during the 1/2 term.
Keeping up to date
* Class Seesaw- For your child's individual E portfolio's of work, homework and for communication with the class teacher
* School website- for regular updates, newsletters and information
* Twitter page - Where we 'Tweet' about our learning