Welsh Government National Tests : Reading Tests
This test looks at your child's ability to comprehend what they have read and answer questions based on the text.
They follow the same format every year with questions like:
- Choose the word which best fits the gap (multiple choice)
- Tick one ....
- Tick three ....
- Find and copy one word which .....
- Put these events in order
- Which statements are true and false about the text
- Link the word to the sentence it matches
Below are some examples of the reading tests. The first example is the sample paper for the test they will be sitting and the rest are past SAT paper which aren't exactly the same but follow a similar pattern with regards to questions etc.