Croeso i Dosbarth Pinc
Miss Murphy welcomes you to Dosbarth Pinc's class page.
Homework for Year 1/2 consists of:
- Spelling (The activity on their homework is to be completed at home in order to aid your child in their weekly spelling test).
- Online maths homework @ https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
This will be sent out once per week to coincide with the topic your child is covering in maths that week. Occasionally there will be no homework as there may be no resources on the site to coincide with our work in class. However, if this is the case your child can still use the range of games on the mymaths site to aid their development in numeracy.
Each child has been given an individual username and password to log on to the site. If you have any issues with logging in then I can resend the usernames and passwords as well as the process by which to set up mymaths on an ipad or iphone.
- So that children can have access to water throughout the day please send in a water bottle filled with water only.
- During morning play the children are allowed a healthy snack which can either be a piece of fruit or raw vegetables.
- Please check your child's bag for letters or notes home.
- P.E. is on Thursday for Dosbarth Pinc and a Tuesday for Dosbarth Gwyrdd. Please make sure you wear suitable clothing, including trainers, to school on this day.
- We will listen to your child read a minimum of once a week. Please bring your reading book to school everyday. Please support us in improving your child's reading and understanding of the text by listening to your child read at least once a week at home, then discussing what has been read. (See the documents below for the types of questions to ask)
- Outdoor learning will occur on a Friday, your child will need to bring wellies (which can be left in school) and wear suitable, weather appropriate clothing on this day.
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites
Websites to try
Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for the content of any of these sites.
ReadingYou may find these links useful when supporting your child with reading