Congratulations to our new Digital Leaders this year!
This year in Twynyrodyn Community School, we advertised for Year 6 Digital Leaders and asked pupils to apply, go through an interview and demonstrate their skills by completing a task. Currently there are five Digital Leaders in Year 6, who have a great flair for ICT, have demonstrated a high skill level and support to pupils and staff. These children are identified through their ICT badges.
What can Digital Leaders do?
- Keep technology spaces clean and tidy and serviced.
- Report broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Audit how often different programs and apps are used.
- Review apps and software and make recommendations.
- Raise the profile of ICT in the school.
- To record and monitor use of the chrome books/I pads/ Laptops in lessons and different classes.
- Run a lunch time club with the support of the ICT Leader.
- Help lead the Internet Safety Day activities and assemblies.
- Make governors more aware of the importance of ICT in all areas of the school.
- Offer in-class support to teachers.
- Meet with other Digital Leaders in the borough to talk about new initiatives and receive training.
- Make videos and presentations.
- Help monitoring the schools Twitter Page.
- Hold termly lunch time drop in's to support staff and pupils.
- To contribute to updating class ICT displays.
- Help to inform and enforce the school's e-safety policies.